Everyday there are hundreds and thousands of writers emerging online and trying to start their know blog. While starting with such an aim the main question that first arises in their mind is to whether go for WordPress or Blogger, i.e. whether to go for a more customizable and quick start feature provided by WordPress or to go for simple, neat but also a secure webhosting provided by Blogger.
We got some insight on which to chose and why after all these observations and responses that I got from many different users who worked on WordPress as well as Blogger. Thus we came to a conclusion that self hosted WordPress is better than Blogger for which we are going to provide you with basic pros and cons of both the aspects, read more about this on www.hostingdecision.com blog.
1. It is Customizable and trendy also the user is provided with a lot of of themes and features to customize the blog in his own style and to make it look tacky and unique as he wishes to. Such features on the other hand are not provided by Blogger.
2. WordPress free software which is very useful as well as user-friendly. Such user friendliness could not be experience in Blogger when compared to WordPress.
3. If you see from SEO prospective WordPress CMS is far better than blogger, it gives lots of advantage to web masters to optimize their blogs easily by using many SEO plugins.
4. WordPress provides the user total control over his site or blog. Being a Self hosted website WordPress give you total control over your files and data providing you all the features of downloading and editing your articles frequently. While Blogger offer many restrictions for sharing of data on the internet.
6. WordPress provides its writer’s wide platform for their written materials, giving them more options to make their writings famous and also create a name for themselves in the social community.
7. Most importantly if you are using wordpress there are thousands of free plugins for every need which you won’t find in bloggers.
Now WordPress platform is not limited to only blogging, it’s used for all purpose such as corporate sites, portfolio blogs, job sites, ecommerce sites etc etc.
There are two basic and major cons of using WordPress over blogger.
1. WordPress need your web hosting space and obviously that cost money which is not in blogger case.
2. Customization can be tough for beginners as it is quite complex and can be tricky for the beginners who are not well accustomed with it. But it is not that hard to learn. Overall it provides your blog such a great look that a user can bare such difficult start for good results.
3. WordPress is really very easy to hack. Probably the only negative point that we found for WordPress is that hacking it is not very difficult. Such things don’t happen quite often but can give a set back if ever happened.
Overall, we can say that there are many Pros of WordPress over Blogger, Blogger is a very simple and neat Webhosting site but it doesn’t provide with any of the Pros mentioned above by WordPress. Self hosted WordPress has more control on our blog. We can customize the things as much as possible. If you are worried about the hosting cost then I recommend to you go with some hosting with affordable cost. Just like Bluehost web hosting, you can use Bluehost Mazimum coupons plus FREE domain from HostingDecisions to save money while buying the hosting package. So if you want to become a professional writer and want make a living out of your articles we would advise you to go for WordPress over Blogger at any moment.
At the present scenario WordPress is certainly the best content management system available over the globe. The statistics say that there are more than 50 million websites those depend on the WordPress for their post management. Going with the WordPress platform is most recommended for a blogging. Especially, this is one of the finest options available for the beginners. Hence we have come up with the guideline that is intended for the above groups of the people only.
Here we have presented the step by step guidance to begin with the self-hosted WordPress site.
Step 1: Have a domain first
The very first step is obviously having a suitable domain name. Most of the people take it bit more easily, which is certainly not recommended. Your domain name should perfectly present your business intention, or promotion. You can go to Dreamhost and find domain name + web hosting including huge discount by using Dreamhost coupons. It should be simple as well that one can easily remember. Next, you have to register the domain from an authorized house. It costs generally $11 for the purpose.
Step 2: Go for the hosting option
Hosting is always a crucial factor for your business success. You must go with an efficient, authorized, and secured hosting house. Though there are many names available in the market for the purpose, still Bluehost, Dreamhost and Hostgator are always the front runners. Dreamhost cost about $1.83 with use of Dreamhost Coupon codes, Bluehost demands about $5 with Bluehost coupons, and Hostgator about $4 for hosting.
You must be at least having PHP edition 5 or higher, or MySQL 5 (or higher) on the server.
However, most of the hosting houses including the front liners like Dreamhost provide free domain name upon signing for the initial time, read all features of Dreamhost Hosting. Anyway, distinct hosting and domain options are also good. You can get higher level of flexibility in this way. The most important thing is that you must check the service and authentication whether you go with separate hosting and domain or within a single package.
Step 3: Link the domain name and hosting
Now you can ask the hosting house for the DNS of your site. Provide the DNS into your domain register account. Through the process you can make sure that the domain name is in accordance with the hosting.
Step 4: Have the WordPress on your system
Installation of WordPress has become a pretty simple task these days. The contemporary hosting houses make it a work of a few minutes. The WordPress is just a single click install along sleek script tools those can be found in Cpanel.
Step 5: Give it a better look
Here the WordPress site is ready for you. Now you just need to customize the way you want. Your site’s look should be in accordance with your business idea. On this regard you should take the help of awesome WordPress themes. There are many free of cost themes available in the market. However, going with commercial options is most recommended for the professional blogs/sites.
Step 6: Start the process:
Now you can install the exciting themes and kick start with your favorite stuff.
We are quite sure going through the steps you can certainly begin the process with your self-hosted WordPress site. Anyway, we are open for any kind of question if a problem arises while going through.